Today we are focusing on our hometown and sharing our top 10 family things to do in Moncton.
We have lived in Moncton since 2002. We have raised our family here, been involved in the community, and really feel at home. Sometimes we take for granted and forget what our hometown has to offer.
Things to do in Moncton
Knowing that there are many more things to see and do here, we created this list in categories to help you decide what activities best suit your family. Feel free to comment with any questions or your favourite family activities in Moncton.
Our Top 10 Family Things To Do In Moncton
- HISTORY: Museums (Resurgo, Treitz House, Acadian Museum, etc)
- ANIMALS: Learn about the animals at the Magnetic Hill Zoo .
- ENTERTAINMENT: Butterfly World/Boardwalk or Magic Mountain both offer outdoor fun, mini golf, and various amusement type activities. For indoor rainy day fun there is the Hop Skip Jump playground and arcade, or Fit Rocks climbing gym is another option.
- PARKS/PLAYGROUNDS: (Centennial Park, Mapleton, Irishtown, Riverfront) You can find an interactive map here.
- PUBLIC ART: The Festival Inspire Murals are beautiful and fun to discover, along with other public art (map)
- LOCAL FOOD: Try out one of our local restaurants, like Euston Park Social and Spoon Sushi. Or visit Your Mid-week Farm Market on Wednesdays or the Marche Moncton Market on Saturdays.
- LEARN: Visit the Moncton Library for many activities and options for all ages. This is a great indoor option.
- SHOPPING: The shops of Downtown Moncton Centre-ville offer a wide variety, from gift shops (like My Home Mercantile) to clothing (Stile) and even comic books (Comic Hunter).
- NATURAL WORLD: Watch the Tidal Bore come in, it happens twice a day and often has surfers riding the wave.
- LOCAL TREATS: Grab an ice cream treat at Creamerie Bennic Dairy Bar or Lost & Found Ice Cream and Donuts at Halo Donuts.
- BONUS: Don’t forget to pick up some craft beer at one of the local Breweries (we have lots) & a bottle or two of wine from the Magnetic Hill Winery.
If you are looking for free family activities, we have a list for you over on our sister site Everything Unscripted. 11 Free Family Activities In Moncton
*NOT sponsored. We love sharing our everyday adventures and love of New Brunswick. We welcome sponsorship of posts or series and always disclose any partnerships.